Pages

7/22/2012

Summer Shin Dig





    To be back and making my own decisions. Some kookier than others (floral thrifted pants) and some sensible and mature (cerulean silk blouse).
    Last night I was complimented by friends on the trials and tribulations I had overcome in the past year. They said I was graceful and strong. They spoke of my young relationship with high regards. I glowed. People who's opinions that really matter. I hadn't even thought of this year as being a difficult one (though 2011 could never be mentioned again and that would be just fine). As we recounted our accomplishments and passed stories and credits around the room our report grew more and more animated and ridiculous finally ending in exhaustion.
    I was struck by the types of things they noticed about me. It is always that "own voice on the answering machine" when you see yourself reflected back in the eyes of your friends. The gap between the ideal and real self. That gap grew smaller and smaller, what they said made me proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment